Monday, June 1, 2009

Sam

Dear Sam,

this is a special post for a special girl who is celebrating her birthday today!

I realise you don't like mice much. In fact, I'm fairly certain you hate me. But let's push all that aside while I share to the world some of your lovely attributes on this day when, not that long ago, you were born.

Thank you for being an awesome friend (okay, not to me but to your silly housemate, that tradie husband of yours). I can tell she appreciates it a lot. She enjoys your company, and she especially loves the really awful conversations you have together. Yes, I listen to those conversations. You can't deny that they are awful but at the same time very amusing. She is also in awe of the fact that for a small kid you're very strong. But enough of her perspective! This shouldn't be about flattery. This should be about shocking romantic poetry!

Darling Sam of skin so fair
With golden locks of elfin hair,
And laughter in those smiling eyes
Of colours like clear Cornish skies.

Oh pretty Sam, of figure sleek
And slender, with those words you speak
So tenderly of things you love,
Namely kids and the Lord above.

Sweetest Sam! How every time
I hear your name I make it rhyme
With, what else, dear precious Sam,
Than traffic jam and Yarra tram?


I hope you like it. Happy birthday Sam!

4 comments:

Sam-Is-Mad said...

Desperado, I love you!

Juanita said...

O Desperado. Why won't you ever write such poems for me?

Desperado said...

Junaita, I thought you were attached! I can't be the "other man" that comes between you and the mouse of your dreams.

Also, it isn't your birthday yet, is it?

Desperado said...

Juanita* Clearly, I have difficulties with spanish names.

My whiskers blush at my spelling errors.