Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Watchmen

Tonight I sneakily saw this flick (I was hiding in a certain someone's sling). I'd heard a lot about it, namely that it was a bad movie that couldn't hold a candle to the book, but not having read the comics and liking the idea of making "realistic" superheroes, I was looking forward to it.

Despite the very graphic violence (which was kinda cool) and the numerous love scenes, I really really liked it! It had a good soundtrack (Sam would be impressed, it featured Simon and Garfunkel), was visually pleasing in a dark, film noir way (reminiscent of Blade Runner), and the way it explored the characters' stories was imaginative and awesome. I liked that the characters had issues that you normally don't see (but probably should expect) in protagonists. It was also extremely challenging in terms of morality and "the greater good" but I won't say much more so I don't spoil it for you.

My favourite character was Rorschach, the black-and-white detective who was moralistic to the point that he was immoral.

I did the quiz, and very happily for me this is who I got (no, I didn't cheat! I don't know how I got this because I tend to be easily swayed from what's right by fear and emotions):



Your result for The Watchmen Personality Type Test...

Rorschach

You scored 68% Moral Imperatives and 47% Attitude!


You are extremely moral absolutist.

While you unwaveringly follow a strict moral code, you often fail to demonstrate the empathy needed to make a moral decision. You find institutional forms of order unsatisfactory and oppressive and believe that your uncompromisng standpoint somehow exempts you from accusations of wrong-doing.

While some might respect your individual and steadfast perspective, be prepared for the possibility that the practical majority might find your black and white moral code unnacceptable.


Take The Watchmen Personality Type Test
at HelloQuizzy



I recommend you see this film, though if you're like Rebecca you may spend most of it with your head in your hands.

3 comments:

Sam-Is-Mad said...

I scored Rorschach too Desperado!

And I <3 Simon and Garfunkle.

Desperado said...

Yay! We have so much in common.

I can't believe you don't like mice...

J. said...

I feel asleep during that...admittedly it was a drive in movie that started at 11pm and 11pm is my bedtime normally. Want to watch the whole thing again though...