Sunday, August 29, 2010

Uneasy sleep

I've just returned from a short holiday where I went back to my family. While I was there I went through some boxes of my old stuff. I threw out a few things that I know are displeasing to God. I also packed a box of items with things I no longer wanted. I left this box near the bed and forgot about it.

That night I read from my bible before sleeping. I fell asleep with my bible and my phone next to me on the bed (the bed is a double). The next morning a text message sent to my phone woke me from a strange dream. I reached for the phone and couldn't find it. Sitting up, I was shocked to discover the my phone and bible were hidden...

... by stuff from the box of unwanted items...

... that were most definitely not on my bed when I went to sleep.

Someone had gone through the box and placed a few things on the bed while I was sleeping.

How did they get there? My family had no idea when I asked them. And I most certainly didn't do it while awake. Did I do it in my sleep? Normally if I do stuff in my sleep (such as getting out of bed because I think the roof is caving in) I wake myself up. I'm pretty sure I would have woken myself going through the stuff, if only because the room is crowded so I would have bumped into things. And I probably would have made a mess doing it.

This is weird. I don't like it.

No comments: