Monday, August 2, 2010

There were so many things I could have called this post

Such as You've got your dumb friends, I know what they say or You come over unannounced, dressed up like you're something else or Fall back, take a look at me, And you'll see I'm for real.

Detecting a theme? Let me help you out a bit more.

He was a skater boy, She said, 'See you later boy'

Hopefully now you get it. Well anyway, on Sunday a friend came and told me this:

"Hey, this new girl in my life group, she goes to "insert university here". She said you look like an Avril Lavigne wannabe."

We laughed about it, I pretended to be offended, and I was admittedly a little bit freaked out that some person I didn't even know was making comments like this about me.

Nineteen hours later, when I'm grieving over my hair, it all comes back to me. I was thinking:

Desperado


=




?


And then I thought, "Well, that's kind of cool. Someone I don't even know thinks I look like Avril. And there's worse things I could be likened to. Atleast she's pretty. Wow, some girl must think I'm pretty."

And then it all came crashing down with the realisation:

"Hey! She doesn't think I look like Avril. She thinks I look like I want to look like Avril. She thinks I'm a wannabe =( "

And I was destroyed. Let's face it. Wannabes are not the real thing, and often they look bad (Elvis impersonators come to mind).

On a happier note, a Special Hen gave me a cd. This is one of my favourite songs on it:


Yay! Oh, and for the record, I don't want to be Avril Lavigne. I am a Jesus wannabe (yes, and probably even more of a failure and more hideous than some Elvis wannabes out there).

No comments: