Friday, July 24, 2009

Okay, I admit this is stranger

This is mostly in response to observations made by Sam.

Observation 1
To me the letter A looks black. Just like all letters look black.
Sam, you're missing out. Seriously. Which isn't a badly coloured word. Word, on the other hand, isn't such a nice colour.

Observation 2
Samantha has yucky colours. I don't like green.
Actually, while there are a lot of green letters in Samantha, when I think of the word as a whole it is a blue word. Samantha is a blue word. I think the first letter of a word, or the stronger letters in a word, or where the accent is in a word, dominates the overall appearance of the word.


You see black. I see blue, but really it's blues, black and green.

Another example is Sunday.

If we accent the word so that you say it as SUNday it looks like:


while if you accent it so it sounds like sunDAY it looks like:


For some reason the letters U, V, X, and Z are all differing shades of grey. Maybe whenever this weird association thing happened in my head I didn't get much exposure to these letters so they didn't get other colours.

Yes, so now you know all this wonderful information.

No comments: