Saturday, March 6, 2010

The storm

I love storms. They are so beautiful and daunting. Below is a clip of some lightning that I filmed (bad quality) on 1 January this year. It was lovely.



The storm that the BOM warned of today hit us. It wasn't so lovely. Honestly, it was the most terrifying storm I have ever been in, despite the fact that I was in the safety of my own home. And it didn't even have awesome lightning. It rained harder than I can ever remember and it was very windy.



There was so much water spilling from the gutters I thought the roof was going to cave in. Large hail was hammering the windows. I thought the glass would shatter. To give you an idea of how scary it was, I'm normally the type of kid that loves sitting outside to watch thunderstorms. Today I was too scared to even watch the storm from my room.

I ventured outside afterwards. It looked like it had snowed broken ice cubes.



2 comments:

Sam-Is-Mad said...

And it's even SUMMER!

I liked the storm, and I was outside. It was thrilling.

Anonymous said...

Hail is more likely in summer in places like Melbourne.